Wednesday 18 October 2023

A wizard is never late

 


Keeping a blog to record my secret life as a middling miniature hobbyist is a bit of a self indulgence, but I seem to be in good company.

I did start this blog sometime ago to go with my Instagram profile, but I've deleted the old posts to concentrate on what I really like doing best, which is painting METAL miniatures to a middling tabletop standard. This isn't some desperate attempt at false modesty, I know my limits. I'm in my mid-fifties and so my growing nostalgia for old Citadel minis is matched only by the decline of my eyesight. I do my best with what I have. I also spend a lot of time on eBay searching for 'pre slotta'.

So what's next? I'm currently in the middle of building a nd painting a small-ish Goblin army for Oathmark. Once they're in the bag I'll build and paint a dwarf army. Grumdalf, pictured will be the dwarf's battle mage. He does look pleased by the prospect.

What else? I've just ordered The Silver Bayonet rules and will get side-tracked by that no doubt. I'm on a Joseph A McCollough trajectory at the moment. For those who are interested, my Grumdalf mini is "Grimdalf" from Hasselfree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved

 I've moved this blog to a different platform and it is now at https://grumdalf.co.uk/ . I hope to see you there :)